Nanoweb is an HTTP server written in PHP, designed to be small, secure, and extensible.
It is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Nanoweb's main features are :
- HTTP/1.1 compliance
- Powerful and easy configuration
- Modular architecture
- FastCGI, CGI and Server side includes support
- Name and port based virtual hosts
- Access control lists
- htpasswd, MySQL, PostgreSQL and LDAP authentication support
- Themes for server generated content
- Apache compatible log format, MySQL logging
- Directory browsing
- inetd support and SSL via external helpers
- Denial of Service protection
- Proxy Server extension
- Filters and gzip support
- RBL support (mail-abuse.org)
- Extension Protocols (request methods) support
- ... and a lot more
Why should you use it ?
It's light, fast and robust.
Also being written in PHP makes it very easily extensible with custom modules, and secure because - running inside the Zend scripting engine - it's immune to a number of common security threats (format strings, buffer overflows, ...).
Thanks to its very modular architecture, Nanoweb can also be used as a framework to develop your own standalone web based applications.
Download, then extract it. Read INSTALL, run install-sh.
For more, read the manual or mail the author ...